US singer Ariana Grande has visited fans injured in last month’s terror attack at her Manchester concert.
The star spent time with youngsters at the Royal Manchester Children’s Hospital in a surprise appearance ahead of a benefit concert on Sunday.
Adam Harrison said his daughter Lily “felt like a rock star” after meeting her idol.
Meanwhile, police investigating the Manchester Arena attack, which killed 22 people, have made a further arrest.
Seventeen people have been arrested in connection with the investigation and 11 men remain in custody for questioning.
Suicide bomber Salman Abedi killed 22 and injured dozens more at the gig, last month.
Grande arrived back in the UK on Friday morning ahead of the One Love concert at Old Trafford cricket ground.
Millions will be able to watch the concert, which will be broadcast live on television in more than 50 countries across five continents.
Mr Harrison, whose daughter suffered spinal injuries in the blast, said Lily was “skipping” with joy after meeting Grande.
“She is on cloud nine,” he said. “She is made up.
“We were the last room on the ward to be visited and the excitement was building for Lily.”
Mr Harrison attended the 22 May concert with his daughter and said he picked her up “like a rugby ball and ran for it” following the explosion.
He said Lily was set to be discharged from hospital Saturday or Sunday.
“She’s now ready to go for tomorrow’s concert,” he added. “She feels like a rock star and has been listening to her Ariana Grande playlist and wants to go.
“After last night, she would disown me and her mum if we didn’t take her.”
“So happy she came I could burst. Never seen Jaden so happy; even cried again myself.”
Another girl, 14-year-old Evie Mills from Harrogate, was visited by Grande who also spoke to nurses and staff during her time at the Manchester hospital.
Evie was one of the youngsters who met the Queen when she paid her respects on 25 May to those injured in the bombing.
Meanwhile, singer Robbie Williams struggled to sing his iconic hit Angels on stage after dedicating it to the victims and families of the Manchester attack.
The ex-Take That star, who will also perform at the One Love concert, fought back tears during a performance at the Etihad Stadium in Manchester.
Abedi blew himself up in the attack at Manchester Arena but police have made a number of arrests as investigations continue.
Along with the latest arrest, 10 men, aged between 18 and 44, remain in custody on suspicion of terrorism offences in connection with the attack.
A 15-year-old boy, a 34-year-old woman, and four men have been released without charge.
source by bbc…